Contact InfoE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
- 2009 - 13:
Ph.D. in Information Systems
Dissertation: Research on Economic Mechanisms and Incentives for Technologies of Future Internet
Advisor: Prof. C. Courcoubetis (AUEB). Supervising Committee: Prof. G. D. Stamoulis (AUEB), Prof. R. Weber (University of Cambridge).
Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Computer Science
- 2005 - 07:
M.Sc. in Management and Economics of Telecommunication Networks
National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Informatics & Telecommunications - Department of Economics
- 2001 - 05:
B.Sc. in Business Administration
University of Piraeus, Department of Business Administration
- Future Internet Award for the research project “PURSUIT: Publish Subscribe Internet Technology”, Coordination of the European Future Internet Forum of Member States (ceFIMS), May 2013, Dublin, Ireland.
- Future Internet Award for the research project “Trilogy: Architecting the Future Internet”, Coordination of the European Future Internet Forum of Member States (ceFIMS), October 2011, Poznan, Poland.
- Scholarship for the PhD thesis, European Social Fund and National Resources (Greek Ministry of Education – HERAKLEITOS II Programme)
- Performance scholarship in M.Sc. Program in Informatics, University of Piraeus (academic year 2008-09).
- Performance scholarship in M.Sc. Program Management and Economics of Telecommunication Networks, National Kapodistrian University of Athens (academic year 2006-07).
- Research scholarship in M.Sc. Program Management and Economics of Telecommunication Networks, National Kapodistrian University of Athens (academic year 2005-06).
- Network Economics and Pricing
- Adoption of new Internet Architectures
- Game Theory
- Cloud Computing
- A. Kostopoulos, I. Chocliouros, F. Kuo, R. Riggio, L. Goratti, N. Nikaein, I. Giannoulakis, J. Romero, T. Chen, R. Steinert, D. Panaitopol. “Design Aspects for 5G Architectures: The SESAME and COHERENT approach”. IEEE ICC 5GArch ‘17, 4th International Workshop on 5G Architecture, Paris, France, May 2017. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, E. Agiatzidou, A. Dimakis. “Energy-aware Pricing within Cloud Environments”. 13th International Conference on Economics of Grids, Clouds, Systems and Services (GECON 2016), Athens, Greece, September 2016. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, G. Agapiou. “Architecture views in 5G networks”. 55th FITCE Europe Congress “Towards a Smart Interconnected Society”, Athens, Greece, September 2016. [pdf]
- G. Agapiou, A. Kostopoulos, F. Kuo, T. Chen, A. Kliks, M. Goldhamer, K. Katsalis, R. Riggio, D. Panaitopol, A. Cipriano, D. Marandin “Developing a Flexible Spectrum Management for 5G Heterogeneous Radio Access Networks”. European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), Special Session, Athens, Greece, June 2016. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, G. Agapiou, F. Kuo, K. Pentikousis, A. Cipriano, D. Panaitopol, D. Marandin, K. Kowalik, K. Alexandris, C. Chang, N. Nikaein, M. Goldhamer, A. Kliks, R. Steinert, A. Mämmelä, T. Chen “Scenarios for 5G Networks: The COHERENT Approach”. 23rd International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT 2016), Advances on Network Virtualization for 5G Systems, Thessaloniki, Greece, May 2016. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, E. Agiatzidou, L. Lopez, A. J. Ferrer. “Revisiting Business Models within Cloud Market”. 12th REHVA World Congress (CLIMA 2016), Aalborg, Denmark, May 2016. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, M. Papadopouli. “Looking for New Allies in Mobile Internet Market”. IEEE INFOCOM SDP 2016, 5th Workshop on Smart Data Pricing, San Francisco, USA, April 2016. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, I. Papafili, G. Fortetsanakis, M. Papadopouli. “Pricing Wireless Access Services: The Effect of Offloading and Users' Bounded Rationality”. IEEE/IFIP 12th Wireless On-demand Network systems and Services Conference (WONS 2016), Cortina d' Ampezzo, Italy, January 2016. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, A. Dimakis, C. Courcoubetis. “Economic Incentives for Adopting Congestion Accountability Protocols”. 26th International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 26), Karlskrona, Sweden, September 2014 [pdf].
- D. Trossen, A. Kostopoulos. “Exploring the Tussle Space for Information-Centric Networking”. 39th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy (TPRC), Arlington, USA, September 2011 [pdf].
- A. Kostopoulos, A. Dimakis, C. Courcoubetis. “Games Between Competing ISPs Employing Different Pricing Schemes”. Euro-NF International Workshop on Traffic and Congestion Control for the Future Internet, Volos, Greece, March 2011 [pdf].
- A. Kostopoulos, K. Richardson, M. Kanakakis. “Investigating the Deployment and Adoption of re-ECN”. ACM CoNEXT ReArch'10 - Re-Architecting the Internet, Philadelphia, USA, November 2010 [pdf].
- M. Bagnulo, P. Eardley, A. Ford, A. Garcia, A. Kostopoulos, C. Raiciu, F. Valera. “Boosting mobility performance with Multi-Path TCP”. Future Network and Mobile Summit 2010, Florence, Italy, June 2010 [pdf].
- A. Kostopoulos, H. Warma, T. Levä, B. Heinrich, A. Ford, L. Eggert. “Towards Multipath TCP Adoption: Challenges and Perspectives”. NGI 2010 - 6th EuroNF Conference on Next Generation Internet, Paris, France, June 2010 [pdf].
- C. Kalogiros, M. Bagnulo, A. Kostopoulos. “Understanding Incentives for Prefix Aggregation in BGP”. ACM CoNEXT ReArch'09 - Re-Architecting the Internet, Rome, Italy, December 2009 [pdf].
- H. Hammainen, A. Ford, A. Kostopoulos, B. Heinrich, T. Levä, R. Widera, C. Courcoubetis, P. Eardley. “Business Models in a Multipath World”. Future Internet Assembly (FIA), Stockholm, Sweden, November 2009 [pdf] [poster].
- C. Kalogiros, A. Kostopoulos, A. Ford. “On Designing for Tussle: Future Internet in Retrospect”. IFIP EUNICE 2009 - The Internet of the Future, LNCS 5733, pages 98–107, Barcelona, Spain, September 2009 [pdf].
Journals and Book Chapters
- M. Katsarakis, G. Fortetsanakis, P. Charonyktakis, A. Kostopoulos, M. Papadopouli. “On User-centric Tools for QoE-based Recommendation and Real-time Analysis of Large-scale Markets ” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 52, no. 9, September 2014 [pdf].
- N. Fotiou, D. Trossen, G. Marias, A. Kostopoulos, G. Polyzos. “Enhancing Information Lookup Privacy through Homomorphic Encryption ” Security and Communication Networks, Wiley, December 2014 [pdf].
- B. Tagger, D. Trossen, A. Kostopoulos, S. Porter, G. Parisis. “Realising an Application Environment for Information-centric Networking”, Computer Networks, Special Issue in Information Centric Networking, vol. 57, issue 16, pp. 3249-3266, Elsevier, November 2013 [pdf].
- A. Kostopoulos, I. Papafili, C. Kalogiros, T. Levä, N. Zhang, D. Trossen. “A Tussle Analysis for Information-centric Networking architectures ”. In F. Αlvarez et al. (Eds.): Future Internet – From Technological Promises to Reality, FIA 2012, LNCS 7281, pp. 6-17, May 2012 [pdf].
- D. Trossen, A. Kostopoulos. “Techno-Economic Aspects of Information-Centric Networking”. Journal of Information Policy, vol. 2, pp. 26-50, 2012 [pdf].
- H. Warma, T. Levä, H. Tripp, A. Ford, A. Kostopoulos. “Dynamics of Communication Protocol Diffusion: the Case of Multipath TCP”. NETNOMICS: Economic Research and Electronic Networking, vol. 12, issue: 2, pp. 133-159, Springer, November 2011 [pdf].
- P. Eardley, M. Kanakakis, A. Kostopoulos, T. Levä, K. Richardson, H. Warma: “Deployment and Adoption of Future Internet Protocols”. In J. Dominigue et al. (Eds.): The Future Internet: Achievements and Technological Promises, ISBN 978-3-642-20897-3, LNCS, vol. 6656, pp. 133-144, Springer, May 2011 [pdf].
- T. Levä, H. Warma, A. Ford, A. Kostopoulos, B. Heinrich,R. Widera, P. Eardley. “Business Aspects of Multipath TCP Adoption”. In G. Tselentis et al. (Eds.): Towards the Future Internet: Emerging Trends from European Research, ISBN 978-1-60750-538-9 (print) and ISBN 978-60750-539-6 (online), pp. 21-30, IOS Press, April 2010 [pdf].
- Networks and Security, Postgraduate Program in "Computer Science", Department of Informatics, AUEB.
- Business Solutions with Software Applications, Department of Accounting and Finance, AUEB.
- Introduction to Computer Science, AUEB, Prof. C. Courcoubetis
- Digital Systems Design, AUEB, Prof. A. Veneris
- Computer Applications I, University of Piraeus, Prof. M. Sfakianakis
- Computer Applications II, University of Piraeus, Prof. M. Sfakianakis
- Introduction to Economic Science, AUEB, Prof. S. Dimeli
- Automata and Complexity, AUEB, Ass. Prof. E. Papadopoulou
- Network Economics, AUEB, Prof. C. Courcoubetis
- Microeconomics for Managers, University of Athens, Lect. E. Athanasiou