Contact InfoAthens University of Economics and Business,
Department of Computer Science,
76 Patission St., 4th floor (Antoniadou wing),
Athens 10434, Greece
Office: Network Economics and Systems Theory Lab
Tel.: +30 210-8203154
M.Sc. in "Computer Science" (2013)
Thesis: Socially-aware Content Distribution and Traffic Management
Supervisor: Prof. George D. Stamoulis
Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of Informatics.
B.Sc. in "Informatics and Telecommunications "(2011)
Thesis: Efficient video transmission in joint WiMAX/satellite networks
Supervisor: Prof. Lazaros Merakos
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Department of Informatics and Telecommunications.
I am a member of the Network Economics and Services Group (NES Group).
- Network economics, incentive mechanisms, pricing
- Mechanisms and architectures employing caches
- Peer-to-peer architectures
- Social awareness as a means to achieve efficient traffic management
- Cloud computing architectures
- SmartenIT: Socially-aware Management of New Overlay Application Traffic combined with Energy Efficiency in the Internet, FP7, STREP, 05/2013 - present. Focus on designing and evaluating mechanisms for economic management of traffic generated by cloud-based applications and services exploiting information derived by Online Social Networks
- AV Factor: Technical Support, conference network configuration and audiovisual staff (2013-present,external associate)
- Exhibit S.A.: Conference network configuration and audiovisual staff (2011-2012, external associate)
- M. Seufert, G. Darzanos, I. Papafili, R. Lapacz, V. Burger, T. Hossfeld. “Socially-Aware Traffic Management”. to be published in Social Informatics: The Social Impact of Interactions between Humans and IT, Springer Proceedings in Complexity, Zweig, K., Neuser, W., Pipek, V., Rohde, M., Scholtes, I. (Eds.), ISBN 978-3-319-09377-2, October, 14, 2014. [pdf].
- G. Darzanos, I. Papafili, G. D. Stamoulis. “A Socially Aware ISP-friendly Mechanism for Efficient Content Delivery”. 26th International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 26), Karlskrona, Sweden,September 2014. [pdf]
- M. Seufert, G. Darzanos, V. Burger, I. Papafili, T. Hossfeld. “Socially-Aware Traffic Management”. Workshop SozioInformatik 2013, Koblenz, Germany, September 2013. [pdf]
- G. Darzanos, I. Papafili, G. D. Stamoulis. “A model for posting and selection of videos by the users of an On-line Social Network”. Workshop on Social-aware Economic Traffic Management for Overlay and Cloud Applications (SETM), Zurich, Switzerland, October 18, 2013. [pdf]