George D. Stamoulis
Contact InfoAthens University of Economics and Business,
Department of Computer Science,
12 Kodrigtonos St, (3rd floor)
Tel.: +30 210-8203549
Full CV: [last updated September 2010]
- Ph.D., Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1991)
- M.Sc., Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1988)
- Diploma of Electrical Engineer, National Technical University of Athens (1987)
- Economics of telecommunications networks: charging schemes and economic/incentives mechanisms for management of Internet traffic.
- Broadband access: technologies and applications, regulatory issues, demand analysis, design and cost analysis of access and transport networks.
- Auction mechanisms for allocation of spectrum, networking capacity and digital resources: design of mechanism, analysis of bidding strategies, design of intelligent agents to support user's bidding.
- Reputation-based incentives' mechanisms for electronic environments (peer-to-peer systems, e-marketplaces etc.)
- Telecoms regulation: Relevant markets' analysis, cost-based pricing, Universal Service.
Selected Journal Publications
- "A Mechanism that provides Incentives for Truthful Feedback in Peer-to-Peer Systems", T.Papaioannou and G.D.Stamoulis, Special Issue of Electronic Commerce Research Journal [.pdf]
- "Reputation-based Estimation of Individual Performance in Collaborative and Competitive Grids", T.Papaioannou and G.D.Stamoulis, Future Generation Computer Systems vol. 26, no.8, pp. 1327-1335, 2010. [.pdf]
- "Economic aspects of building software for service-oriented architectures", D. Antos, C. Courcoubetis, G. D. Stamoulis, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 2012-2025, 2010 [.pdf]
- "An Auction Mechanism for Allocating the Bandwidth of Networks to their Users", M.P.Dramitinos, G.D.Stamoulis and Courcoubetis -Computer Networks, vol 51, pp. 4979-4996, 2007. [.pdf]
Selected Conference Publications
- "A Markov model for the evaluation of cache insertion on peer-to-peer performance", I. Papafili and G. D. Stamoulis - NGI2010, 6th EuroNF Conference on Next Generation Internet, Paris, France, June 2010. [.pdf]
- Improvement of BitTorrent Performance and Inter-Domain Traffic by Inserting ISP-owned Peers", I. Papafili, S. Soursos, G. D. Stamoulis - ICQT'09, 6th International Workshop on Internet Charging and QoS Technologies, Aachen, Germany, May 2009. [.pdf]
- "Market Mechanisms for Trading Grid Resources", C. Courcoubetis, M. Dramitinos, T. Rayna, S. Soursos and G. D. Stamoulis - GECON 2008, The 5th International Workshop on Grid Economics and Business Models, Las Palmas, Spain, August 2008. [.pdf]
- "Reputation-based Estimation of Individual Performance in Grids" T.G.Papaioannou and G. D. Stamoulis - IEEE CCGRID 2008, 8th International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid, Lyon, France, May 2008. [.pdf]
- "Achieving Honest Ratings with Reputation-based Fines in Electronic Markets" T.G.Papaioannou and G.D.Stamoulis - IEEE INFOCOM 2008, Phoenix, AZ, USA, April 2008. [.pdf]